TRISTAN'S ENGLISH BLOG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cecil the Lion

+7
Superstar
Nathane
Dada_
Admoy
Tasso
Inspector Gadget
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cecil the Lion Empty Cecil the Lion

Post by Admin Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:18 pm

So, you've studied a lot of things about the killing of Cecil the Lion. What's your opinion?

Cecil the Lion _84542075_lioncomp
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://tristansenglishblog.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Cecil the Lion Empty Re: Cecil the Lion

Post by Inspector Gadget Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:07 pm

For me, the kill of Cecil the Lion is quite exagerated. Walter Palmer didn't have to kill Cecil and it's natural he pays 50000$ but it's just a lion and it's not a human. I agree with people who say "people are like sheep, they have the same opinion". My opinion is in the middle because I don't like the kill just for fun but this history is a little exagerated.
Inspector Gadget
Inspector Gadget

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasso Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:28 pm

Racimus-Sensei wrote:For me, the kill of Cecil the Lion is quite exagerated. Walter Palmer didn't have to kill Cecil and it's natural he pays 50000$ but it's just a lion and it's not a human. I agree with people who say "people are like sheep, they have the same opinion". My opinion is in the middle because I don't like the kill just for fun but this history is a little exagerated.
I agree, but you could remember that lions are part of endangered species (which make them more interesting for trophy hunting Sad ). Furthermore, Cecil wasn't a wild lion, he grew up in a reserve and was under an hipothetic protection. Finally, I think that people who've seen this lion felt Cecil's peaceful and Walter's murder was felt like an injure for them, so Cecil was some kind of icone through they stand for every lions and others Rolling Eyes
Tasso
Tasso

Back to top Go down

Post by Admoy Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:41 pm

In the one hand, why do people just speak about Cecil's death? Lions are killed every weeks in Africa, and nobody talk about it on TV, or Newspaper. In the other hand I agree with Tasso. Even if Cecil was a lion as another, he was an icon for many people. But, I think that lots of people are a bit hypocrite, because how many people knew Cecil before his death? I don't think a lot, but when people see that someone criticize something he has to criticize it too. I don't think that what W. Palmer did was good, but it was too much for me. Exclamation

Last edited by Admoy on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admoy
Admoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasso Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:17 pm

Admoy wrote:In the one hand, why do people just speak about Cecil's death? Lions are killed every weeks in Africa, and nobody talk about it on TV, or Newspaper. In the other hand I agree with Tasso. Even if Cecil was a lion as another, he was an icon for many people. But, I think that lots of people are hypocrite, because how many people knew Cecil before his death? I don't think a lot, but when people see that someone criticize something he has to criticize it too. I don't think that what W. Palmer did was good, but it was too much for mee.
Well, I think that is a bit exagerated. Remember the "Teens react" video we saw : teenagers who did not hear about Cecil before were shocked after they've seen some documentary; so maybe people you've called "hypocrites" 'cause they've never seen him made some research about this subject and it became an eye opener. We can blame only the haters to made Cecil's death an international debate. cheers
Tasso
Tasso

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspector Gadget Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:11 pm

I agree with Admoy. People didn't know Cecil and now their reactions are like that : "Oh it's horrible to kill a lion! Walter is a murderer! I'm shocked! ... " and many other sentences a bit repetitive. In my opinion, many people say what others say to do like everybody. But I don't agree with Walter who killed Cecil . I just say their sentences aren't varied and they didn't explain their opinions.
Inspector Gadget
Inspector Gadget

Back to top Go down

Post by Dada_ Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 pm

I agree : sometimes people act like the others without even thinking by themselves before, and I understand why you say that for this situation but I want to believe it doesn't happen all the time ! In this case, what Walter Palmer has done is still shocking even if, sadly, it is usual in Africa. Hunting free animals which live in peace and are not threatening the population around should be prohibited !! There's no need to kill them, WP has shot Cecil to have fun and because trophey hunting is positive for him : I think that's why people have reacted that way. It is what they really think : for them, trophey hunting is very bad. But because of the "Twitter mob", some have been violent...
It could have been any other tourist like WP who could have been in the same scandal, he's the unlucky one... He's the victim of social medias but he's not totally innocent.
What he has lived must be very hard, some people's reactions have been raging. I hope it won't happen again but it will if trophey hunting doesn't stop.
Besides, now a lot of people know about trophey hunting and many of them are against it : it may change the laws and make it illegal !

Dada_

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:43 pm

I think it was inhuman to kill this Lion, although a lot of animals are slaughted to feed us, because he was an icon in Zimbabwe and in the world. But we have to think beyond this story : this happens all days in the world, and nobody do nothing ! I don't understand how some people can get pleasure of hunting, and how did we get into this mess ! We have to worry of all the cases, and not only of Cecil. On the other hand, this story succeed in drawing attention of people, and it enabled to make people react, and now we have to deal with this "survey" in depth. We have to use and mobilize the ressources required to protect the endangered speecies, the national parks and limit the trophy hunting. I think we should go far in this reasoning, we have to reconsider the human situation. I am agree with "Dada_" when she says that poeple have to think by themeselves before act. Today and since always, humans have the impression of be superiors in relation to the others speecies, and maybe it's right, maybe not, bu we mustn't think in that way. Of course, we always have to killed others to survive, it has always been like that, but it mustn't go far. Kill for fun has to be prohibited !
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Post by Admoy Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Nathan Binet wrote:I think it was inhuman to kill this Lion because he was an icon in Zimbabwe and in the world.
So, you think that killing a famous lion is worse than killing another lion? Here is the problem. Are you crying because of the death of an Elephant, or any other animal in Africa? No, and it would be a bit stupid. This fight is continuous. We have to relativise: Cecil is not the first lion which was killed, and he's not the last one.

Last edited by Admoy on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admoy
Admoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:15 pm

You're right, but that's not what I wanted to say at all...this killing made people react because this lion was an icon, and it's unfair that the same thing doesn't happen with the others victims of trophy hunting...
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasso Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Admoy wrote:Cecil is not the first lion which was killed, and he's not the last one.
Well... Horrible but true. We can hope that Cecil's death reduce lion's death quota Cecil the Lion 1492
Nathan Binet wrote:You're right, but that's not what I wanted to say at all...
But you've said it! Cecil the Lion Madpc
Tasso
Tasso

Back to top Go down

Post by Admoy Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Tasso wrote:Well... Horrible but true. We can hope that Cecil's death reduce lion's death quota
The International Union for the Conservation of Nature estimates that trophy-hunting tourists legally kill some 600 lions each year.
You can hope, but I don't think that hunters care about this, even if they are some of the targets ( with the states, Airlines companies, etc...) of the "movement" (if I can call it a movement Shocked )
Admoy
Admoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstar Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:38 pm

I read in the news that because of all the demonstrators and all the discussions on the Internet and Facebook that the American government has passed a law against international poachers. Maybe the internet scandal has created something good? What do you think?

Cecil the Lion Demo
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasso Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Superstar wrote:I read in the news that because of all the demonstrators and all the discussions on the Internet and Facebook that the American government has passed a law against international poachers.
Well, Admoy... Hoping can be good, don't you think ? Cool
Tasso
Tasso

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:11 pm

This story takes an aspect very international...We should think about after and the future, and draws the conlusions from it as quickly as possible...
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Post by Admoy Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Superstar wrote:I read in the news that because of all the demonstrators and all the discussions on the Internet and Facebook that the American government has passed a law against international poachers. Maybe the internet scandal has created something good? What do you think?

That's a good thing and it's probably not surprising to see a state react, thanks to thousands and thousands criticism, even if I think it was exaggerated It worked.
Admoy
Admoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Animals and humans live together in this symbiosis from a thousand years go...It wouldn't stop now, isn't it ? So we should act to change things, and right now, or tomorrow will have a sour taste...
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Animals and humans live together in this symbiosis from a thousands years ago...it wouldn't stop it now, isn't it ? We should act, and right now, or tomorrow will have a sour taste...

Last edited by Nathane on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Animals and humans live together in this symbiosis from a thousands years ago...it wouldn't stop it now, isn't it ? We should act, and right now, or tomorrow will have a sour taste...
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Post by Admoy Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Nathane wrote:Animals and humans live together in this symbiosis from a thousands years ago...it wouldn't stop it now, isn't it ? We should act, and right now, or tomorrow will have a sour taste...

And humans eat animals since thousands of years ago. And wild animals hunts are not recents: think to the middle-age during which rich people hunted wild animals for fun !
Admoy
Admoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Yes you're right, but at the Earth's scape, a thousand years is just a slipt second, so hunting is not older !
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Cecil the Lion Empty I can't be agreeing with it.

Post by Admoy Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Nathane wrote:Yes you're right, but at the Earth's scape, a thousand years is just a slipt second, so hunting is not older !

The problem is we don't talk at the "Earth's scale", but at the civilized human's scale: before it, humans hunted for food and they continued to do so ... Basketball

And saying that "a thousand year" is not long is a bit stupid for me : humans are on the earth since millions years, but they are very very recently civilized at the human existence scale.
Besides that, I'd like to know from where do your datas come, when you say humans hunt for fun for a thousand years. Question
So, in my opinion, 1000 years is a verrrrry long time, contrary to what you say.
Admoy
Admoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Nina Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:42 pm

I think it is inadmissible to hunt animals for fun and especially to pay someone to do it is just horrible, this kind of hunting should be banned!

Princess Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by So Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 pm

I think exactly the same as Princess Nina, this kind of hunting which it seems is more a game should be banned!

So

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathane Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:51 pm

It's not earth which is endangered, she'll do without us as a parasite. She was there a long long time before us and would be after us. It's the human development's situation which is endangered.
Nathane
Nathane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum