TRISTAN'S ENGLISH BLOG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing?

4 posters

Go down

Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing? Empty Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing?

Post by Admin Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:56 pm

So, after studying eco tourism, what do you think? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Eco toursits in Rwanda help protect the mountain Gorillas by bringing money to the local community and encouraging them to look after them.

But some eco-tourists also caused problems for turtles trying to lay their eggs.

So, are you for or against it?

Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing? Eco-tourism-elephant_jungle_trekking
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://tristansenglishblog.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing? Empty Re: Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing?

Post by Dada_ Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:44 pm

As for me, eco-tourism is the best way to travel because you can meet the local population of the country you're visiting (it's way more interesting than just taking pictures of the famous places you see without sharing anything with them), discover hidden places, learn a lot about nature... and it helps local economy as well !  By taking care of nature, you also do a good task while you're enjoying your trip. But eco-tourism has to be very regulated not to destroy what it's supposed to save (turtles' life for example), the tourists must be aware of rules to follow if they want to make the most of the landscapes. I think creating quotas could be a good idea to avoid any problem. Guides and travel operators also have to know nature very well and not just think about money... flower 10.04.201618:43:56

Dada_

Back to top Go down

Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing? Empty Re: Eco-tourism... A good or a bad thing?

Post by langur Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Well, I think we could not imagine a best way to have fun in holidays and to reduce the carbon footprint in the same time ! Maybe it's a bit too much...For the moment, this kind of tourism is not very popular and known by people. First of all I think it would be a good thing to feature eco-tourism, to make people members of it. of course, everybody will never like eco-tourism, 'cause we should not forget that in France, about 30% of the crowd doesn't go nor foreign, nor in their own country during their holidays ! So it represents a big minority isn't it ? To meditate... Idea Wink
langur
langur

Back to top Go down

Post by Admoy Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:01 pm

Eco-tourism can be beneficial to local population but it depends of the tour operators which probably take a lot of money on these trips. I believe that eco-tourism can't match with massive tourism. Too many tourists would destroy wild animals areas and this is just the opposite of the concept of this kind of tourism. So quotas could be a good idea to protect and regulate eco-tourism. The good or bad impact of eco-tourism mostly depends on the tourists comportment. Eco-tourism's not just coming to see the animals. Langur said that 30% of French population doesn't trip during their holidays. Do you think that 70% of the population is a minority? Eco-tourism has a good potential and it will probably increase in the future.
Admoy
Admoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum